Career Opportunity: Object-Oriented Software Intern
Established in 1997, SCIREQ is a world leader in the conception, design and manufacturing of precision laboratory equipment for preclinical respiratory research. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a background in software engineering to join our product development team. The ideal candidate has a desire to work in a small business environment with a focus on cutting-edge technology. Working as a SCIREQ software intern, you will use advanced object-oriented techniques to develop data analysis software for our expanding line of scientific apparatus for pulmonary and other research.
- Development & improvement of the applications software’s user interface;
- Development & improvement of signal processing & data analysis techniques and algorithms in the application software;
- Experimental validation of said techniques and algorithms;
- Validation of software releases following pre-defined test strategies;
- Maintaining and debugging existing code;
- Documentation of software features and code, including both internal and end-user documentation;
- Limited amounts of second or third level technical support; as it relates to implemented software features;
- Some administrative duties.
- New challenges and a varying array of responsibilities;
- The ability to work on products that enable innovation in respiratory medicine;
- An innovative small business environment;
- A friendly team atmosphere;
- Exciting learning and skillset building opportunities;
- A centrally located office, near public transit.
- Last year of a bachelor’s degree in software engineering, or similar;
- Applicant must be proficient in SQL and object oriented programming;
- The ability to work efficiently, both independently and in a team;
- Applicant must be curious and willing to take initiative;
- Applicant must be detail oriented;
- English language skills (written and spoken).
- Previous software development work experience and personal projects;
- Experience with real-time data analysis;
- Strong math and data analysis skills;
- Familiar with the Agile development process;
- Experience with Embarcadero Delphi and object pascal;
- Knowledge of subversion;
- Knowledge of respiratory mechanics;
- French language skills (written and spoken).
How to apply
Please apply on Indeed