Career Opportunity: Engineering Technician
Location: Montreal, Canada
Established in 1997, SCIREQ is a world leader in the conception, design and manufacturing of precision laboratory equipment for preclinical respiratory research. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with an electronic/electrical background, and strong technical and organizational skills to join our Production Department.
Working as an Engineering Technician from our head office in Montreal, you are involved in many aspects of the manufacturing cycles for our line of high-tech pulmonary research devices. You work hand in hand with our engineering and customer service teams to develop, assemble and test electro-mechanical devices, and improve operational processes.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have excellent technical skills, an education as an engineering technician, technologist or a related college diploma, and a keen interest to work in a small business environment with a focus on cutting-edge technology.
- Build, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair electromechanical equipment
- Test products to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Create, update and maintain assembly and testing documentation
- Assist engineers and scientists as they create, modify, and test products and processes
- A wide variety of responsibilities and challenges
- The opportunity to work independently and as an influential team member
- A friendly team atmosphere
- Exciting growth opportunities
- Good compensation and benefits
- A pleasant, modern working environment
- An innovative small business environment
- A centrally located office, near public transit
- Education as an engineering technician or technologist, a background in electronics or a related college diploma
- English language skills (written and spoken)
- Familiarity with test and measurement instruments (oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc.)
- Soldering techniques (SMD & PTH)
- Familiarity with electronics & components like sensors, switches, PCBs, motors, batteries, connectors, etc.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD modeling and drawing preferably in Solidworks
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (mill & lathe work, CNC machining, sheet metal, RTV moulding, coatings & surface treatments, etc.)
- PCB Design software
- Microcontroller programming experience (C, C++)
- Knowledge of inventory management concepts and ERP/MRP software
- Fluency in French, written and spoken
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]